Sunday, August 30, 2009

Please Welcome Annabella Capri McDaniel into the world


Yesterday, August 29, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Annabella Capri McDaniel was born at Jordan Valley Medical Center in West Jordan, Utah. She was 6 lbs and 3 oz. and 19 inches long. She has blond hair and an adorable squeak. I still can't believe that she is here. She is nearly 4 weeks early but perfect. I never thought that someone could steal my heart so quickly.



Its been an interesting weekend. Aimee and I were able to just barely finish everything we needed to do to be ready for Annabella to come. We both had a feeling and to be honest really wanted her to come early. This has happened about 2 weeks before our new house closes. They are just now starting to put some of the finishing touches on it. We are going to head out there in the next few days to take some pictures and see how the progress is coming.

ok ok so the story.. Friday night we got together with some great friends (Jeremy and Alisha Sorensen) and got some really spicy Hooters wings. Man those things are soooo good! :) The next morning at 1:30 am Aimee went to the bathroom and her water broke! I coulnd't have asked for a better place for it to go. LOL. So we got all our bags together and let Aimee's parents know we were going. The drive there was effortless. We didn't have to speed or run any lights. Aimee was doing great, her contractions started as soon as her water broke. When we got to the hospital they confirmed that it was time and they gave Aimee the Epidural. Worked like a charm, At this point it was abt 4:30 am Saturday August 29, 2009. We were both really tired so now being numb and out of pain Aimee fell asleep and so did I. Man that was the worst Chair ever! It was like the Chair from hell! Anyways, we woke up and her contractions started to get stronger. We started pushing around 9:30ish for 20 minutes. Then waited for the doctor to get there. I could already see Annabella's head! The nurse was like, "There is her head" and I'm thinking to myself, "that does not look like any head I've ever seen!" It was all scrunched up (apparently normal) so after waiting for 20 minutes for the doctor to get there he did. We started pushing again and after like 2 sets of pushes she was out. It was amazing!! I couldn't believe it. The next two days we were in the hospital was great although the days all seemed to mesh together. But it was soo nice to finally get to see her face and spend time with my little family.



Annabella even took her carseat and the ride home very well! We expected her to cry or something I guess.



We are home now after 3 days in the hospital. I rearranged the basement to accomodate Annabella and us better. It stressed Aimee a bit but she is glad I did it. We should only be with Aimee's parents in their basement for the next week and a half. Then when our house is done, I will call in all my favors and get everyone to move us. Its so nice to have things keep moving. Love you all, thanks for all your support. I'm sure Aimee will want to post something soon.

-Jason

11 comments:

Karli said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures!!!

Bekah B. said...

I can NOT believe it! Where you early! PLEASE post pics! CONGRATS!! I am so HAPPY for you!!! Call me if you ever have questions!

Margie said...

I'm so happy for you two. Your going to be such great parents. Enjoy all of the little things now. And don't forget to write it all down.

Summers Family said...

Congrats! We can't wait to meet her! We need to get together again! Hope everything went well!
Love,
Nick and Brittany Summers

The Beckstrands said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you guys! You are going to be such cute parents! I can't wait to meet her!

Mike and Alyse Swenson said...

YAY!!! Congrats! I have been wondering if she had arrived because I have not seen you in a while. I bet she is beautiful! Good luck with the transition. Please call if you ever need help! I know it can be a little rough at times. This is besides the subject, but did you move into your house yet????

Destiny said...

Yay!! Welcome to the world Anabella!!! I am so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see more pictures!!

Alisha said...

We are so happy for you! It will be so fun to raise our little girls together!

Hanson3 said...

Congrats on your new baby! She is a cutie and I bet you are loving every minute of being new parents. :)

kspjute said...

Congratulations!
Kara and Tee

The Bennetts said...

Man! I should check out friends blogs more often.

Annabella is a beauty! We are so excited for you guys. We are sorry to see that she had to get the Bili lights and go to the ER for dehydration. But are so extremely grateful you didn't have to take her to the NICU.

Congratulations on your new arrival and new home. We are so happy to see you are all doing so well. Take care.